Bayer Aspirin Regimen Low Dose 81mg is indicated for the temporary relief of minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctor. Because of its delayed action, this product will not provide fast relief of headaches or other symptoms needing immediate relief. Ask your doctor about other uses for Bayer Safety Coated 81 mg Aspirin.
- Aspirin is recommended as a safe, reliable way to relieve minor aches and pains due to headaches, body aches and more when used as directed.
- Most heart attacks are caused when blockages interrupt the flow of blood to the heart, which can cause heart muscle to die. Bayer Aspirin works to keep your blood flowing. When taken during a suspected heart attack, aspirin can help prevent further damage to the heart muscle and increase your chance of survival.
- Enteric coating is a delayed-release safety coating that provides added stomach protection. It is designed to allow the aspirin tablet or caplet to pass through the stomach to the small intestine (duodenum) before dissolving. This delayed release coating means that it will take longer for the aspirin to be absorbed. For this reason, products with enteric coating are not recommended for quick pain relief or use during a suspected heart attack. Enteric coated aspirin is most often used by patients who are on an aspirin regimen under their doctor’s supervision or recommendation.
- It is recommended, under a doctor’s direction, to help reduce the risk of a recurrent heart attack or clot-related (Ischemic) stroke. When taken during a suspected heart attack as directed by a doctor, it could also help save your life. In the event of a suspected heart attack, immediately call 9-1-1 and chew or crush and swallow aspirin as directed by a doctor.
- Genuine Bayer Aspirin is sodium & Caffeine free. It is also coated to make it easier to swallow.
Stop Use Indications: Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include: hives, facial swelling, asthma (wheezing), or shock.Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you are age 60 or older, have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems, take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug, take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others), have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product, or take more or for a longer time than directed.Do not use if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer; if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients. Ask a doctor before use if the stomach bleeding warning applies to you, if you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn; if you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease; if you are taking a diuretic, or if you have asthma. Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug for gout, diabetes, or arthritis. Stop use and ask a doctor if an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away. Stop use and ask a doctor if you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding: feel faint, vomit blood, have bloody or black stools, or have stomach pain that does not get better. Stop use and ask a doctor if your pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days, if your fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days, if redness or swelling is present, if new symptoms occur, or if ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs. If pregnant or breastfeeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Inactive Ingredients: Carnauba wax, corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, ferric oxide, hypromellose, methacrylic acid and ethyl acrylate copolymer, polysorbate 80, potassium hydroxide, powdered cellulose, propylene glycol, shellac, sodium lauryl sulfate, triacetin, triethyl,citrate
Ingredients: Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)* *nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Dosage: Two tablets
Directions: Drink a full glass of water with each dose. Adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 caplets every 4 hours. Do not to exceed 48 caplets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor. Children under 12 years: consult a doctor. ***INFORMATION ON THIS WEBSITE MAY DIFFER FROM THE PRODUCT LABELING ON PURCHASED PRODUCT. FOR FULL DRUG FACT LABEL, PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PURCHASED PRODUCT PACKAGE.***